Photograph: Catherine Gratwicke
- 8 king scallops in the shell
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped salted peanuts
For the crunchy Asian salad:
- 1 small carrot, peeled
- 0.25 cucumber, halved and deseeded
- 2 radishes, trimmed
- 1 tbsp chopped mint and coriander
- 1 bird eye chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- juice of 1 small lime
- 1 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
For the salad, finely slice the carrot, ¼ cucumber and radishes and toss with the herbs. Preheat the grill to high.
Mix the chilli, sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and vinegar; toss with the veg.
Detach the scallops from their shells, rinse them and the shells and pat dry. Put a scallop back in each half-shell and put on a baking tray. Season, drizzle with sesame oil and grill for 3-4 minutes or until cooked.
Top each scallop with a little salad and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.