- 100 g lighter mayonnaise
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 0.25 tsp paprika
- 180 g large king prawns
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 180 g raw king prawns
- 1 clove clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 0.25 iceberg lettuce, finely sliced and washed
- 1 ripe avocados, peeled, stoned and cubed
- 0.5 cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1 golden delicious apple, washed, peeled, cored and finely diced
- 1 lemon half, sliced
- 1 tomato, washed and halved
- 2 slice wholemeal bread, toasted, cut into small triangles
In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, tomato purée and paprika together. Add the cooked prawns into the bowl and combine.
In a small frying pan, heat the oil and cook the raw king prawns for 3-4 minutes before adding in the garlic and chilli for 1-2 minutes.
To serve, take 4 prawn cocktail glasses, and layer some of the lettuce, avocado, cucumber, apple and the prawn cocktail mixture in each one. Sprinkle over some more apple and avocado and squeeze over lemon juice from the unsliced half.
Finish by placing some of the chilli and garlic king prawns on the side of the glass with a slice of lemon and a half tomato and bread triangles on the side.
Cook's tips: if you only have tomato ketchup in your fridge then you could use this instead of the tomato purée.
To stop your apple discolouring, squeeze some of the lemon juice over it before layering up in glasses.
Keep the stone of the avocado close by to prevent going brown.