For the salad:
- 750 g raw beetroot, peeled and cut into wedges – try and find different colours if you can!
- 2 cloves of garlic, skin still intact
- 3-4 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 140 g wild rocket
- 250 g hot smoked salmon, flaked into large pieces
For the dressing:
- 75 ml light crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 0.5 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6. Put the beetroot in the centre of a large piece of foil, with the garlic bulb and thyme. Scatter over the oil and season with black pepper. Seal the foil into a parcel and place on a roasting tray. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until soft. Squeeze the garlic from their skins and toss with the beetroot. Leave to cool completely.
To construct the salad, carefully toss the rocket with the beetroot and hot smoked salmon. Divide between serving plates. Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and drizzle over each plate to serve.