- 1 tbsp olive oil by Sainsbury's
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300 g leftover cooked vegetables – we used roasted carrots and parsnips
- 300 g leftover roast potatoes
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock, made with stock cube
- 200 g baguettine, cut into thin slices
- 60 g Silton, crumbled
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, washed, to garnish
Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and fry the onion for 8-10 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, the leftover vegetables and potatoes, and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Pour the stock into the pan and simmer for 10 minutes. Using a handheld blender, whizz the soup until smooth. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
Preheat the grill to medium. Top the bread with the Stilton and grill for 3-4 minutes. Garnish the soup with parsley and serve with the Stilton crostini.