- 2 tsp olive oil by Sainsbury's
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock, made using vegetable stock cubes by Sainsbury's
- 100 g frozen British garden peas by Sainsbury's
- 100 g fine beans, washed, trimmed and chopped
- 1 medium courgette, washed and chopped into small cubes
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, washed and halved
- 6 Taste the Difference ciabattas
- 3 tbsp green pesto by Sainsbury's
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook gently until translucent (not golden).
Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer. Add the peas, beans, courgette and tomatoes, and simmer for about 5 minutes until just tender. Meanwhile, brush the ciabattas with the remaining oil and toast under the grill.
Divide the soup between 6 bowls. Stir half a tablespoon of pesto into each and serve with a ciabatta crouton on the side.