- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 50g bunch of spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chipotle flakes
- 780g carton chopped tomatoes
- 410g tin of mixed pulses in water, rinsed and drained
- 325g tin of naturally sweet sweetcorn in water, drained
- 200g tortilla chips, half of them crushed
- 2 limes, one juiced, one cut into wedges
- 80ml British half-fat crème fraîche
Heat the oil in a large deep pan and cook the spring onion over a high heat for 5 minutes, adding in the garlic, chilli and chipotle flakes for the last minute.
Add the tomatoes, mixed pulses, sweetcorn and 600ml water and bring to the boil. Stir in the crushed tortilla chips and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
Squeeze in the juice of 1 lime and season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve in bowls with a spoonful of crème fraîche, the remaining tortilla chips, a wedge of lime and more freshly ground black pepper.