- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 200 ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 750 ml vegetable stock, made with 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp Fairtrade light brown soft sugar
- 180 g pack raw peeled king prawns
- 325 g pack mixed vegetable stir-fry
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 300 g rice noodles
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 25 g fresh coriander, leaves picked, washed and chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 50 g young leaf spinach
Heat a deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk, stock, fish sauce and sugar. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
Add the prawns and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the vegetable stir-fry, spring onions, noodles and lime zest. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the prawns are cooked through and piping hot. Stir in the lime juice and chopped coriander.
To serve, divide the soup among bowls, then add the spinach and garnish with the extra coriander.