- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- a pinch of ground cumin
- a pinch of crushed chillies
- 1.25 litres vegetable or chicken stock
- 500 g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 bake at home white baguettes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus a few sprigs to garnish
- 20 g vegetable crisps, to garnish
Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and fry for 3-5 minutes, until softened.
Add the cumin and crushed chillies and fry, stirring, for a further 1 minute. Add the stock and carrots, bring to the boil, then simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
Meanwhile, bake the bread according to the pack instructions.
Transfer the soup to a blender and whizz until smooth. Stir through the chopped coriander then ladle the soup into serving bowls. Season with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with the extra coriander leaves and the vegetable crisps.