- 1.5 litres very low salt vegetable stock
- 1 knob peeled fresh ginger (about 15g), sliced thinly
- 2 red chillies, washed
- 1 bunch of spring onions, washed and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 200 g pak choi, quartered
- 300 g rice noodles
- 300 g leftover cooked salmon
- Fresh mint basil leaves, washed, to serve
Place the vegetable stock in a large deep saucepan with the sliced fresh ginger, 1 halved red chilli, the spring onions (reserving a tablespoon for garnish) and light soy sauce. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and leave to simmer for 15 mins.
Remove the ginger and chilli from the broth and discard, then add the pak choi to the pan and cook for just 2 mins.
To serve, divide the rice noodles between two serving bowls, then ladle over the broth and pak choi. Add the cooked leftover salmon, then garnish with the fresh mint and basil leaves, the remaining red chilli finely sliced and the reserved spring onions.