- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 500 ml hot low-salt vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 410g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 40 g seed mix, roasted
- a few sprigs of fresh coriander
Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat, then add the onion, garlic, carrot, pepper and cumin seeds and stir-fry for about 5 minutes. Add the stock and tomatoes, and simmer for 5 minutes.
Purée the vegetables with a hand blender, stir in the chickpeas and heat through for 2 minutes.
Garnish with seeds / coriander. Serve with bread.