- 1 tbsp olive oil by Sainsbury's
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200 g leeks, washed, trimmed and chopped
- 200 g celery, washed, trimmed and chopped
- 500 g frozen garden peas by Sainsbury's
- 750 ml vegetable stock made with stock cubes
- 14 g fresh mint leaves, washed and chopped
- crème fraîche, to serve
- crusty bread, to serve
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a low heat. Add the garlic and sauté until lightly golden. Add the leeks and celery and continue to cook, stirring, for 5-10 minutes until soft but without colour.
Mix in the peas, vegetable stock and mint, then bring to a simmer. Cook gently for 20 minutes. Using a hand blender, purée the soup in batches until smooth.
Divide between bowls, swirl through a little crème fraîche and some cracked black pepper, and serve with crusty bread. If serving chilled, let the soup cool slightly before refrigerating and give it a good stir before serving.