- 1 tbsp SO organic rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, washed and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tsp harissa spices by Sainsbury's
- 125 g pearl barley
- 780 g chopped tomatoes with basil and oregano by Sainsbury's
- 410 g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 50 g dried apricots, chopped
- 125 g leftover chicken
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- lemon wedge, to garnish
Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onion and carrots and cook for 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and harissa. Cook for 1 minute.
Add the barley, tomatoes, and 1.3 litres of water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in the chickpeas, apricots, chicken and parsley. Cook for 10 minutes.
Serve with the lemon wedges.