- 500 ml coconut milk
- 4 lemon grass stalks, sliced diagonally
- 4 slices of galangal
- 3 red chillies
- 4 coriander roots
- 8 white beech (shimeji) or small button mushrooms, quartered
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 250 g boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into thin bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan until it starts to boil. Add the lemon grass, galangal, chillies, coriander roots, mushrooms and tomatoes and stir for a minute or so.
Add the chicken and stir continuously over a high heat for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is almost done, then season with the fish sauce and lime juice.
Stir over a high heat for another minute or so until the chicken is cooked all the way through. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately.