- 250 g baby plum tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 150 g cucumber, chopped
- 150 g sweet baby peppers, halved and deseeded
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 slice of thick white crusty or sourdough bread (preferably a day old)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Few drops of Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Whizz the tomatoes (reserving a few), onion, cucumber (reserving a small piece), peppers, garlic, bread, half the olive oil, Tabasco and the vinegar in a food processor until fairly smooth, but with a little texture. Grind in lots of black pepper and chill in the fridge for up to 2 hours.
To serve, remove the soup from the fridge and loosen with a little water if needed. Ladle into bowls or cups.
Chop the reserved tomatoes and cucumber. Sprinkle over the soup with the parsley and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Serve with crusty bread.
Chef's tip: this recipe can easily be doubled if you have more guests