- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 460 g chicken breast fillet portions, cut into chunks
- 1.5 ltr hot chicken stock, made with 2 chicken stock cubes
- 3 tbsp miso paste
- 250 g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 200 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 150 g (about one third) sweetheart cabbage, roughly chopped
- 300 g rice noodles
- Juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or saucepan. Add the spring onions and add half of the chilli and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes. Pour in the stock and stir in the miso paste. Bring to a gentle simmer.
Stir in the mushrooms, broccoli, cabbage and rice noodles and cook for 4-5 minutes, until the veg is just tender and the chicken is cooked through with no pink remaining. Stir in the lime juice.
Ladle into bowls and garnish with the remaining chilli and lime wedges to serve.
Cook's tip: for a more intense flavour, use shiitake mushrooms in place of chestnut.