- 500 g Maris Piper potatoes, diced
- 2 leeks, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1.3 litres hot vegetable stock
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets, and the stalk cut into cubes
- 0.25 crusty white stick
- 60 g mature white cheese, sliced
- 80 g blue Stilton
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20 g butter
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the butter, leeks and potatoes. Cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, then pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Add the chopped broccoli then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, slice the bread into 8 rounds; place under a hot grill until golden. Toast the other side of the bread, top with the white cheese and grill until bubbling.
Crumble the stilton into the soup then blend (in batches) in a food processor until smooth. Pour into 4 bowls, top each with 2 cheesy croutons and season with black pepper.
Cook’s tip: This soup is ideal for freezing – leave to cool completely before freezing and defrost overnight before reheating.