- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 4 x 250g packs cooked beetroot in natural juices, roughly chopped, juices reserved
- 2 litres vegetable stock, made with 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 6 tbsp soured fresh cream
- 6 tbsp horseradish sauce
- dill sprigs, washed, to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the onion and garlic and fry gently until the onion is translucent. Add the chopped beetroot and juices along with the stock and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
Take the pan off the heat and let cool slightly, then use a hand-held blender to whizz to a purée until smooth. Return to the heat to warm through
Combine the soured cream and horseradish sauce in a small bowl. Ladle the soup into 4 bowls, swirl in a spoonful of the sauce, garnish with dill and serve.