- 800 g Sainsbury’s White Farmhouse loaf
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 150 g leftover roast vegetables
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 300 g leftover turkey, roughly chopped
- 150 g leftover stuffing
- 2 tbsp caramelised onion chutney (or any other leftover chutney)
- 8 leftover roast potatoes, cut into 6 slices
- 2 slices leftover sticky ginger ham
- 8 leftover pancetta wrapped sprouts, halved
- 20 g gruyère cheese, grated
- Leftover gravy, to serve (optional)
Slice the top of the loaf of bread off and set aside. Pull out the insides of the loaf until ½ cm is left around the edges.
Start by spreading the mayonnaise in a layer on the bottom. Then add a layer of roast vegetables, a layer of stuffing then sprinkle the cheese. Layer the chopped turkey then spread the cranberry sauce over it then the ham then spread a layer of chutney over this. Top this with the sprouts then add the potatoes.
Place the top of the loaf back on. Wrap this tightly with lots of cling film then set aside in the fridge for at least 2 hours under a heavy weight (we used a casserole pot) to compress everything so that it keeps its shape when sliced.
Slice into 8 wedges and serve with leftover gravy if using.
TIP: You can mix the mayo and cranberry sauce together for a delicious but pink condiment on your sandwich…