- 150 g strong white bread flour
- 7 g sachet fast-action dried yeast
- 300 ml tub lighter crème fraîche by Sainsbury's
- 2 medium British free-range Woodland eggs by Sainsbury's, separated
- 200 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil by Sainsbury's, plus extra for dressing
- 300 g pack Sainsbury's responsibly sourced Scottish smoked salmon
- 50 g pomegranate seeds
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3.75 g fresh dill, washed, half finely chopped, half left in sprigs to garnish
Sift the flour into a large bowl and stir in the yeast. Make a well in the centre and add half the crème fraîche and the egg yolks. Mix to a smooth batter.
Warm the milk in a pan, then whisk into the batter. In a separate bowl, using an electric hand whisk, beat the egg whites to soft peaks, then gently fold into the batter.
Cover with cling film and leave for 1 hour, until the batter is spongy and bubbly.
Heat half a tablespoon of the olive oil in a 28cm shallow non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Pour in half the batter. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then carefully turn over and cook for 1 minute or until cooked through. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Spread the remaining crème fraîche over the blinis and top with the smoked salmon and pomegranate seeds.
Whisk together the remaining olive oil and the lemon juice, add the chopped dill and season with freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle over the blinis, garnish with the dill sprigs and cut into wedges to serve.