- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 800g chickpeas in water, drained and rinsed
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 40g breadcrumbs
- 1 medium egg, seperated
- 230g tzatziki
- 7g fresh mint leaves, washed and picked
- 120g pack bistro salad
- 125g cherry tomatoes, washed and halved
- 4 flour tortillas
Heat ½ tbsp of the oil in a pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes until softened, adding the garlic for the last minute. Tip into a food processor along with the chickpeas, lemon zest and juice, cumin, ground coriander, fresh coriander, breadcrumbs. Beat the egg yolk and add to the mixture.
Whizz until combined, then shape into 12 balls. Place on a plate and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas mark 4. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and fry the balls for 2-3 minutes each side until golden. Put on a baking tray, then cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden.
Divide the tzatziki, mint, salad, tomatoes and falafels between the tortillas and serve.