- 125 ml double cream
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp brandy, bourbon, rum or orange liqueur
- 150 g chocolate (72% cocoa solids), finely chopped
- 50 g cocoa, sifted
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp red or pink sugar roses or other decorations (hundreds & thousands, glitter)
- 60 g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 tbsp edible heart confetti (optional)
Line a 10 x 20cm loaf tin with clingfilm. In a large pan, gently warm the cream, butter and brandy or liqueur together. Once the mixture is just steaming, remove it from the heat and and stir in the chocolate, until it’s melted and smooth. Pour into the tin and chill until solid (do this in the freezer in about 1½ hours).
Line a chopping board with clingfilm and turn out the set chocolate onto it. Cut into about 30 small squares.
Place the cocoa, coconut and sugar decorations of your choice in separate bowls. Toss ¼ of the truffles in the cocoa, ¼ in the coconut and ¼ in the sugar decorations.
Place the remaining truffles on a tray. Put the white chocolate in a plastic food bag and immerse in hot water to melt. Snip off a small corner of the bag, then use as a piping bag to pipe the chocolate over the truffles.
Decorate with the heart confetti, if using, and sugar.