- 100 g fresh or frozen broad beans
- 350 g bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 200 g pack baby courgettes, sliced widthways
- 50 g fresh or frozen garden peas
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp butter (optional)
- 25 g toasted flaked almonds
Cook the broad beans in a medium pan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, put the asparagus and courgettes in a steamer and set over a pan of boiling water. Cook for 3-4 minutes, adding the peas to the pan below the steamer for the final 2 minutes of cooking. Remove the steamer from the heat and drain the peas.
Toss all the vegetables together until the beans are warmed through and season with a little freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle over the lemon zest and juice. Serve with a knob of butter, if liked, and garnish with the flaked almonds.