- 100 g basmati rice
- 225 g smoked haddock fillet by Sainsbury's
- 568 ml semi-skimmed milk by Sainsbury's
- 1 tsp olive oil by Sainsbury's
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, washed and quartered
- 2 medium hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1 tbsp fresh curly parsley, washed and chopped
Cook the basmati rice according to pack instructions.
Meanwhile, place the haddock fillet in a large frying pan and cover with the milk. Bring to a simmer then reduce the heat, poaching the fillet for 15 minutes or until the fish starts to flake away from the skin. Remove using a slotted spoon. Flake the fish into bite-size pieces and put to one side. Discard the skin and the milk.
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and cook until softened and just beginning to brown. Stir through the curry powder, garlic and cooked rice until heated through.
Fold in the haddock flakes, tomatoes and eggs, stirring gently to combine. Sprinkle over the parsley and season with freshly ground black pepper before serving.