- 410 g tin chick peas, drained
- 3 tbsp chargrilled red pepper paste
- 3 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 0.25 tsp paprika
- 200 g carrots, cut into batons
- 0.5 cucumber, washed and cut into batons
- 150 g cherry tomatoes, washed
- 3 white pittas, toasted and cut into strips
Put the chick peas, red pepper purée, yogurt, tahini, lemon zest and juice and olive oil in a food processor and whizz until fully combined. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
Serve in a bowl with a sprinkling of paprika, with the carrots, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and pitta on the side.