- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 3 tbsp chargrilled red pepper paste
- 3 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 200g carrots, cut into batons
- ½ cucumber, washed and cut into batons
- 150g cherry tomatoes, washed
- 3 white pittas, toasted and cut into strips
Put the chickpeas, red pepper paste, yogurt, tahini, lemon zest and juice and olive oil in a food processor and whizz until fully combined. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
Sprinkle over the paprika and serve in a bowl, with the carrots, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and pitta on the side.