- 500 g baby new potatoes, larger ones halved
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100 g fresh shelled peas (or use frozen)
- 50 g creamed coconut
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 15 g fresh coriander, leaves picked and roughly chopped
Put the potatoes in a large pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for 15 minutes, until tender. Drain.
Using a pestle and mortar, roughly grind the cumin seeds.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then add the cumin, ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the cooked potatoes, peas and 100ml water and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
Stir through the creamed coconut, lemon juice and coriander. Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve.