- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into even-sized chunks
- 4 parsnips, peeled and cut into even-sized chunks
- 4 carrots, peeled and halved or quartered lengthways
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- a fresh rosemary sprig
- 2 cloves garlic, whole
- 100 g cooked peeled chestnuts
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Put the oil in a roasting tin and heat for 5 minutes.
Carefully add the vegetables with the garlic and rosemary and turn to coat in the oil. Roast for 30 minutes.
Crumble over the chestnuts, then drizzle with the maple syrup (if using).
Mix well and cook for a further 15-20 minutes until golden.