- 60 g unsalted English butter by Sainsbury's
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 100 g cooked chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 100 g cranberries
- 4 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, washed and finely chopped
- 7.5 g fresh thyme, washed and chopped
- 5 g fresh sage, washed and chopped
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- 1 large British free-range Woodland egg by Sainsbury's, beaten
Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Melt half the butter in a pan and cook the onion and garlic for 5-10 minutes. Add the chestnuts, cranberries and the remaining butter and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Transfer to a bowl, then stir through the herbs, breadcrumbs and beaten egg. Use a fork to mix well, then leave until cool enough to handle.
Roll into 16 balls, then place on a baking parchment-lined baking tray. Cook for 15-20 minutes until golden, then serve with the Christmas turkey.