- 5 g unsalted English butter by Sainsbury's, for greasing
- 50 ml medium olive oil by Sainsbury's
- 200 ml semi-skimmed British milk by Sainsbury's
- 2 medium British free-range Woodland eggs by Sainsbury's
- 300 g British plain flour by Sainsbury's
- 120 g basics hard grated cheese
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp chives, washed and chopped
- 250 g British sweetcorn kernels
Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Lightly grease a 2lb loaf tin with the butter.
In a large jug, whisk together the olive oil, milk and eggs until combined. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cheese, baking powder, chives and corn. Create a well in the centre and pour in the milk and egg mixture. Stir to combine – you should have a sticky dough.
Transfer the dough into the loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes. Cover with foil and bake for a further 30 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack. Slice just before serving, with or without butter.