- 800 g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped into bite-size cubes
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil by Sainsbury's, plus extra for dressing
- 200 g Sainsbury's basmati rice
- 250 g pack smoked bacon lardons by Sainsbury's
- 0.5 cucumber, halved horizontally and sliced diagonally
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar by Sainsbury's
- 0.5 tbsp white wine vinegar by Sainsbury's
- 1 tsp Fairtrade caster sugar by Sainsbury's
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard by Sainsbury's
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley by Sainsbury's, washed and chopped
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
Put the squash and chilli on a baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil, season with freshly ground black pepper and stir until combined. Roast for 30 minutes until tender and turning golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, cook the rice to pack instructions. Drain and cool in a sieve under cold running water, then set aside.
In a small frying pan, heat the remaining oil and fry the bacon lardons until crispy. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
In a small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients together. Put the butternut squash, rice, bacon and cucumber in a large bowl. Pour over the dressing and stir to combine. Sprinkle over the parsley and serve.