- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 45 g (0.5 jar) of sun-dried tomato paste
- 780 g (2 x 390g) cartons of Italian chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp Fairtrade light brown soft sugar
Heat the oil in a small pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry gently for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and sun-dried tomato paste and cook for a further minute.
Tip in the cartons of chopped tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring regularly.
Bolognese; or as a sauce for grilled fish.