- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 600 g chicken breast fillets, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tbsp madras curry paste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100 ml hot chicken stock
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 4 tbsp reduced fat crème frâiche
- 4 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 28 g coriander leaves, torn
- 2 baby gem lettuce hearts, leaves washed
- 2 tsp desiccated coconut, toasted to garnish
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds, toasted to garnish
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to garnish
Heat the oil and cook the chicken pieces with the onion for a few minutes. Add the curry paste. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and stir well. Pour in the stock and cook the chicken for 10 -15 minutes until the chicken is cooked and no pink remains.
Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and allow to cool, reduce the cooking juices in the pan for 5 –10 minutes until thickened. Remove the sauce from the heat and cool completely.
Stir the chutney into the cooled reduced sauce and then add the crème fraiche and mayonnaise. Fold into the chicken with the coriander leaves.
Arrange the baby gem lettuce leaves on a plate and spoon the chicken in each leaf. Scatter with coconut and flaked almonds over the chicken and serve garnished with lime wedges.