- 500 g baby new potatoes
- 150 g dwarf beans, trimmed
- 150 g runner beans, cut into pieces on the diagonal
- 2 large eggs
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 anchovy fillets, for the adults
- 10 pitted olives, black
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, washed and chopped
- 200 g tuna steak in spring water, drained
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp fresh pesto
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
In a medium pan, boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes until tender, adding the dwarf beans after 5 minutes and the runner beans for the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and set aside.
Put the eggs into a small pan and just cover with water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat slightly and cook for 7 minutes. Drain and cool in cold water.
Put the tomatoes, anchovies (if using), olives (if using), chives and tuna in a bowl. Add the potatoes and beans and mix.
Peel the eggs and cut into quarters, making sure they are cooked through. Arrange on top of the salad.
To make the dressing, whisk together the oil, pesto and lemon juice. Pour over.