- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 250 g fusilli pasta by Sainsbury's
- 200 g smoked streaky bacon by Sainsbury's
- juice and zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 200 g bag baby leaf watercress, spinach & rocket salad by Sainsbury's
- 3 tbsp olive oil by Sainsbury's
- 1 tsp French Dijon mustard by Sainsbury's
- 28 g basil by Sainsbury's, washed and torn
Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the garlic cloves and pasta and cook for 9-10 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water to cool. Remove the garlic and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and fry for 4-5 minutes, turning once, until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper then roughly chop.
Put the pasta in a serving bowl with the bacon, lemon zest and salad and toss together. Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skins into a small bowl and crush with a fork. Add the lemon juice, olive oil and Dijon mustard and whisk vigorously. Drizzle over the salad and serve with the torn basil scattered on top.