Photograph: Martin Poole
- 1 large wholemeal pitta
- 100 g Greek yogurt
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin (optional)
- 200 g cooked turkey, shredded
- 70 g wild rocket
- 3 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 0.5 cucumber, halved, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 50 g dried apricots, chopped
- 50 g pistachio nuts, chopped
For the dressing:
- 0.5 tsp coriander seeds
- 0.5 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Cut the pitta in half, place on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
For the dressing, toast the coriander and cumin seeds in a pan for 1-2 minutes. Grind to a powder in a pestle and mortar.
Whisk together the oil and lemon juice. Add the garlic, onion and spices, and season.
Mix together the yogurt, ground cumin (if using), turkey and some seasoning.
Put the rocket, herbs, cucumber and tomatoes in a bowl; add the dressing. Crumble in the pitta.
Pile the salad on to a plate; top with the turkey. Sprinkle over the apricots and pistachios.