- 10 g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g pkt chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 500 g flat mushrooms, sliced
- 250 g Pomodorino tomatoes, halved
- 100 g Somerset goats' cheese, diced
- 100 g watercress, spinach and rocket salad
- 100 g young leaf spinach
- 25 g toasted pine nuts, to serve
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp clear honey
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
Make the dressing: mix all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl, reserving the zest and juice of ½ lemon. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
In a large frying pan, heat the butter and olive oil. Add the mushrooms and stir well to coat. Sauté for about 5-8 minutes or until tender.
Stir in the tomatoes and goats’ cheese, and warm through for 1-2 minutes. Add the reserved lemon juice and zest. Put the salad leaves in a large serving bowl, then tip the mushroom, tomato and cheese mixture over the top. Add the dressing and toss everything together. Sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and serve immediately.
Cook’s tip: this recipe is great served with toasted ciabatta.