- 1 ciabatta loaf, baked at home following pack instructions
- 5 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 250g packs mixed pomodorino tomatoes
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, finely chopped
- about 12 pitted Kalamata olives
- 10 fresh basil leaves
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½-1 clove garlic, crushed
Tear the ciabatta into small chunks and put into a bowl with the milk. Leave to soak for 15 minutes. In a frying pan, heat the oil and then fry the bread until slightly golden and put into a large bowl.
Cut the tomatoes into quarters and add to the bread. Add the chopped onion and cucumber to the bowl.
Roughly chop the olives and tear the basil leaves and add both to the bowl. In a little bowl mix together the oil, vinegar and garlic and pour over the salad.