Photo: Dan Jones
- 250 g jasmine rice
- 4 skinless boneless salmon fillets
- 30 g coriander, leaves and stalks finely chopped, reserving a few leaves for garnish
- 30 g mint, leaves only, finely chopped, reserving a few leaves for garnish
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 0.5 cucumber, deseeded and finely diced
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 100 g fresh coconut, grated
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, stone removed and finely diced
- shredded spring onion and red chilli slivers, to garnish
For the dressing:
- 3 limes
- 3 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and very finely chopped
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Cook the rice in a large saucepan of lightly salted water for 10-12 minutes or until just cooked. Meanwhile, season the salmon and grill for 10-12 minutes or until cooked.
For the dressing, finely grate the zest of 1 lime and set aside. Juice all of the limes into a bowl – you need about 3 tablespoons. Then add the rest of the dressing ingredients and mix well. Season and set aside.
When the rice is cooked, drain thoroughly through a sieve then run under the cold tap. Place in a wide bowl. Add the coriander, mint, lime zest, red pepper, cucumber, spring onions, coconut and mango. Stir in the dressing and mix well.
Flake the cooked salmon into large chunks and fold into the rice salad while still warm. Serve immediately, garnished with the spring onion, red chilli, coriander and mint leaves.