- 100 g smoked bacon lardons
- 1 red onion diced
- 390 g carton Italian chopped tomatoes with basil oregano
- 250 g pkt pomodorino tomatoes halved
- 185 g jar pitted black olives drained
- 1000 g pkt Italian fresh gnocchi
- 200 g bag young leaf spinach
- 14 g pkt fresh basil leaves washed torn
- 100 g Greek salad cheese
Heat the oil in a small pan, add the onion and cook for 2 minutes. Tip in the chopped tomatoes, pomodorino tomatoes, olives and 100ml water. Simmer for 5-8 minutes.
Meanwhile, plunge the gnocchi into a pan of boiling water and cook for 12 minutes or until the gnocchi float to the surface, adding the spinach for the last 30 seconds of cooking time.
Drain the gnocchi and spinach, then add to the pan of tomato sauce. Stir in half the basil then divide between bowls. Crumble the Greek salad cheese over the top and garnish with the remaining basil.