- 0.5 cucumber
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 200 g beansprouts
- 200 g mange tout, shredded
- 100 g radishes, sliced
- 300 g cooked beef, thinly sliced (rare is best)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 0.5 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- A large handful of mint leaves, shredded
Using a vegetable peeler, peel the cucumber into long strips, discarding the seedy middle. Place in a large bowl with the onion, beansprouts, mangetout and radishes. Toss together, add the beef and toss again.
In a small bowl, combine the lime zest, juice, sugar and 1 tablespoon water and mix until dissolved. Add the soy sauce, chilli and mint, and mix again. Drizzle over the salad and serve.