- 350 g British asparagus, trimmed
- 225 g runner beans, trimmed
- 200 g British radishes, washed and sliced
- 3 British tomatoes, washed and quartered
- 0.5 cucumber, washed, deseeded and sliced into crescents
- 75 g watercress
- 14 g fresh mint leaves, picked and washed
- 225 g light Cypriot halloumi sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp sumac
- 3 white pitta, toasted and cut into fingers, to serve
In a pan of boiling water, cook the asparagus and beans for 3 minutes. Drain, then cut into 4cm lengths. Toss together in a bowl with the radishes, tomatoes, cucumber, watercress and mint.
Heat a griddle pan. Brush the halloumi slices with ½ tablespoon of the olive oil. Grill for 2 minutes each side.
Whisk the remaining olive oil together with the lemon zest and juice and the sumac. Toss the warm halloumi through the salad, drizzle over the dressing and serve with the pitta fingers.
For more herbs and spices, click here