For the herbed quinoa:
- 100 g quinoa, well rinsed
- ¼ cup mixed herbs such as parsley, mint, chives and thyme, finely chopped
For the salad:
- 2 x 175g packs jumbo king prawns, peeled and washed
- 100 g bean sprouts, washed
- 1 x 200g pack mixed leaf salad
- 2 bird eye chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 150 g puy lentils, cooked
- 3 golden kiwis, peeled and thinly sliced widthways
For the dressing:
- 75 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
Bring 500ml water to the boil in a small, lidded saucepan then add the rinsed quinoa along with a pinch of salt. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 20-25 minutes until the grains become translucent.
Remove the pan from the heat, place a clean, dry tea towel over it and place a lid on top. This will help to absorb excess moisture and make the quinoa very fluffy and light.
In a large salad bowl, combine the king prawns, sprouts, mixed leaf salad, chillies, red onion, parsley and puy lentils. Stir the herbs through the quinoa, then add it to the salad bowl.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, then toss the salad with three quarters of the dressing.
Arrange the salad on a serving platter and carefully place the kiwi slices through the salad. Drizzle over the remaining dressing.