- 2 tbsp olive oil by Sainsbury's
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb, diced
- 1 aubergine, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1cm pieces
- 350 g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 x 400g tin plum tomatoes
- 0.5 vegetarian stock cube
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp light garlic and herb soft cheese
- 25 g light mature cheddar
Preheat the grill to high. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large, lidded frying pan over medium-low heat and add the onion, garlic, fennel, aubergine and yellow pepper. Give everything a good stir, place the lid on top and cook for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to the boil, then add the potato slices and boil them for 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
Make up 200ml stock with half a vegetarian stock cube. Once the vegetables have softened, add the tomatoes, vegetarian stock and chilli flakes to the pan along with some seasoning. Break up the tomatoes with a fork. Bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat and stir in the herb soft cheese.
Place the vegetables in a 2 litre square ovenproof dish and cover with the potato slices. Brush the slices with the remaining tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle over the cheddar.
Place under the grill for 5-10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the potatoes are golden. Serve immediately.