- 1 kg frozen mixed special vegetables
- 1 courgette, trimmed and diced
- 700 g fresh Italian tomato basil sauce
- 250 g fresh egg lasagne sheets
- 400 g baby leaf spinach, washed
- 30 g unsalted English butter
- 200 g mild cheddar or mozzarella, grated
- 200 ml half fat crème fraîche
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
Put the vegetables, the tomato sauce and some freshly ground black pepper into a pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the vegetables are tender.
Meanwhile, cook the spinach according to pack instructions. Drain the spinach and season with freshly ground black pepper. Put in a bowl, stir in the butter, half of the cheese and half of the crème fraîche.
Spoon a third of the veg in tomato sauce into the base of a 2-2.5 litre baking dish and top with a layer of lasagne sheets. Spoon over half the spinach mixture and top with a further third of the tomato sauce. Cover with lasagne sheets, tucking in any stray edges, and top with the remaining spinach mixture. Spoon over the rest of the tomato sauce and add a final layer of lasagne sheets. Finish with the remaining crème fraîche and the rest of the cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbling.