- 250 g pomodorino tomatoes, washed and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, washed and finely sliced
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 red chilli, washed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Fairtrade caster sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 368 g British sandwich steaks
- 200 g courgettes, cut into long thin slices
- 2 handcrafted half ciabattas, halved lengthways
- 4 round lettuce leaves, washed
- 3 tbsp onion garlic dip
Preheat the barbecue or grill to medium. Make the salsa: place the tomatoes, spring onions, dried herbs, chilli, vinegar and sugar in a bowl. Season with black pepper, mix well and set aside.
Combine the oil and the garlic and brush onto the steaks and courgette slices. Cook the steak and courgettes for 2 minutes each side (or cook the steak longer to your liking) on the barbecue, or under the grill.
Remove from the heat and allow the steak to rest for 1 minute. Grill the ciabatta on both sides, until golden. Slice the steak diagonally, into bite-size pieces.
Layer the lettuce, steak, courgette and tomato salsa on four ciabatta halves, then add the onion and garlic dip. Top with the remaining bread and serve.