- 200 g fresh cranberries
- 2 tbsp British plain flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 500 g flat mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 500 g closed cup chestnut mushrooms.,thickly sliced
- 15 g fresh thyme, leaves picked, washed and chopped
- 600 g leftover cooked turkey, shredded
- 400 ml leftover turkey gravy
- 1 large pinch of ground nutmeg
- 600 ml lighter crème fraîche
- 1000 g fresh Italian tagliatelle
- 14 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, washed and chopped
Put the cranberries in a small bowl with the flour, mix well and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onions for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the mushrooms and most of the thyme, then continue to cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the turkey and gravy (or stock), cranberries, nutmeg and crème fraîche. Season with freshly ground black pepper, then cook gently for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the tagliatelle in a pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain. Serve topped with the stroganoff and garnished with the parsley and remaining thyme.