- 500 g turkey breast mince
- 30 g roasted garlic herb stuffing mix
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 250 g long grain rice
- 10 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, washed and chopped, reserving a few sprig to garnish
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 780 g tinned chopped tomatoes with basil, chilli and oregano
- 410 g tinned chickpeas in water, drained and rinsed
- 100 g baby leaf spinach
Mix the turkey mince in a bowl with the stuffing mix and cumin. Season with freshly ground black pepper, then roll into 20 balls (each about the size of a walnut). Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan and brown the kofte balls for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Put the rice in a large pan with 500ml cold water. Bring to the boil, then cover and cook over a low heat for 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped parsley.
Meanwhile, cook the onion and carrot in the rest of the oil for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas and kofte and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, adding the spinach for the last minute of cooking time. Serve the turkey kofte with the rice and garnish with the sprigs of parsley.