Photograph: Martin Poole
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tsp light brown soft sugar
- 200 g baby aubergines, cut into chunks
- 100 g new potatoes, quartered
- 225 g tin bamboo shoots
- 200 g cooked turkey, shredded
- 175 g mixed baby corn and mangetout
- steamed rice, to serve
For the curry paste:
- 1 bird eye chilli
- 2 cm piece of ginger, chopped
- 2 lemongrass stalks, chopped
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 dried makrut (kaffir) lime leaves
- 0.5 tsp shrimp paste
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
Blitz the curry paste ingredients in a blender with 3 tablespoons of water until smooth.
Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan. Add the curry paste and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and add 500ml water. Stir well.
Add the fish sauce and sugar. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the aubergine and potatoes, and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until they start to soften. Add the bamboo shoots and turkey, simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the baby corn and mangetout, and simmer for a further 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Serve with rice.