- 1 tbsp olive oil by Sainsbury's
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 500 g pack extra lean turkey breast mince by Sainsbury's
- 390 g carton Italian chopped tomatoes by Sainsbury's
- 2 tbsp tomato purée by Sainsbury's
- 1 tsp dried herbes de Provence by Sainsbury's
- 0.5 tbsp sugar
- 450 ml beef stock, made using stock cube
- 50 ml red wine, optional
- 100 g young-leaf spinach, washed
- 350 g spaghetti Sainsbury's
- 40 g Parmigiano Reggiano by Sainsbury's, shaved
Heat the oil in a large, deep-sided frying pan. Add the onion, garlic and carrots and fry for 5-10 minutes until softened. Add the turkey mince and cook for 2 minutes, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon.
Once the mince is browned all over, stir in the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, dried herbs and sugar. Add the stock and wine (if using), and simmer, uncovered, on a low heat for 20 minutes. Add the spinach 5 minutes before the end of cooking time.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta to pack directions. Drain and divide between 4 bowls. Top with the bolognese sauce, Parmigiano Reggiano and cracked black pepper.