- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, washed, peeled and diced
- 1 pinch chilli powder
- 500 g pack turkey thigh mince
- 400 g peeled plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 420 g red kidney beans in water, drained
- 300 ml vegetable stock cube
- 350 g pasta shapes
- black pepper, to season
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic, onions and carrots.
Fry for 5 minutes, until soft. Add the chilli powder and turkey thigh mince and cook, stirring, for a further 5 minutes, until the turkey has browned.
Add the plum tomatoes, red kidney beans and stock and mix well. Cook over a high heat for 5 minutes, then reduce to a simmer and cook for another 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions. Drain and add to the bean sauce. Toss through, season with black pepper and serve immediately.