- 50g mild British cheese, lighter
- 50g mozzarella cheese
- 100g or 2 carrots
- 100g canned tuna in spring water
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 wholemeal flour tortilla wraps
- 1 x 230g pot chunky salsa
- 100g canned sweetcorn (no added salt or sugar)
- Salad to serve
Grate the cheese. Drain the mozzarella and tear into small pieces.
Peel and grate the carrots.
Drain the tuna and mash with a fork.
Carefully cut into the avocado, running the tip of the knife around the stone in the centre. Pull the two halves apart and then twist out the stone. Peel and slice the avocado.
Lay out a tortilla and sprinkle one half with a little grated cheese and mozzarella, carrot, a tablespoon of salsa, sweetcorn and some tuna. Add some sliced avocado and a little more cheese.
Fold the other half of the wrap over the filling and press down lightly. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 4 quesadillas in total.
Heat a griddle pan or heavy based frying pan. Place the quesadilla in the pan, press down gently with the back of a fish slice and cook for 2-3 minutes each side. Take care when turning them over.
Cut into triangles and serve with salad.
- Try adding canned red kidney beans (drained and rinsed) – chopped spring onion, sliced green pepper or black olives are good too!
- Be very careful when turning the quesadillas in the griddle or frying pan - ask an adult for help.
-Try adding a little low fat dressing to the salad.